PDA

View Full Version : Hello

colonel dean gaffney
10-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi ppl,
Just brief hello, this site has been v refreshing - plenty of knowledge, zero trolls, zero vendors and no adverts. However I confess I only found this site thanks to Jims' banter over on T2W - one of the best/worst threads I have read over there. Long may it continue,though I fear Jim can only take so much.
I am keen to learn a lot more about developing trading systems for personal use so hopefully this site can help me in my quest.
Thanks,
CDF

Jim
10-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi CDF,

Have I got that right, or would you prefer Dean, CDG, or indeed just plain Colonel?

Thank you for your kind words, and a warm welcome to the Trading Gurus community. Actually I possess a very dry sense of humour, and a very thick skin, so I can probably survive on "Trade2Win" for a while longer!

Once upon a time you could have a sensible conversation about trading on LinkedIn instead, but since they've opened their groups up to the Great God Google, things have taken a turn for the worse over there too, I'm afraid. Their moderators do seem to work a lot harder than those on T2W though. Please rest assured that here on TG we're happy to wield our red pencils with gay abandon!

Where are you yourself up to regarding sorting the wheat from the trading chaff? Manual only, automated only, or somewhere in between? MT4, Interactive Brokers, TradeStation or somewhere else entirely?

Cheers,

Jim