Regular visitors will have noticed ever increasing amounts of spam on the Trading Gurus Community Forum. On November 24th 2012 we implemented some changes:

1. New users will be moderated 2. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to view attachments or download code. 3. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to create a new thread

As an additional countermeasure we anticipate introducing a modest paywall in the near future.

If this is your first visit here our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing users may wish to contribute their ideas to this thread.

Thread: Meet Up London group creation: MQL programmers and Traders (discretionary trading)?

Meet Up London group creation: MQL programmers and Traders (discretionary trading)?

I would like to ask if a Meet up organization for those that live in Ldn or near to it would be possible?! If we have more than 5 persons I would create the organization on Meetup.com.

What the meet ups would include?
    - discussion about strategy developments
    - discussion about pure coding (MQL preferably)
    - and activities associated with algo developments
    - and relaxation (chess in my case)

(In my case I can help with strategy developments as a former Proprietary Trading Hedge Fund Trader&Analyst, currently working for a Family Wealth Office in London for a quant system with basic knowledge of R, Python and MQL)

this was posted initially here, but I moved it and created a new thread (until now "silverado8" and "Dr_T" said they would be interested)

anyone else?!

PLEASE be advised that this is a group were everyone should bring something to the "table" in order to have access.

Thanks!

Hi iCHIP,

I live on the edge of Dartmoor, which I don't think counts as "in London or near to it"!

However I will be heading up to London for the FIX EMEA conference which is on February 28th, so if there was a meetup on the evening of the 27th (or possibly 28th) then I'd love to attend.

For relaxation I prefer to play bridge, and I promise not to mention coding FIX!

Cheers,

Jim
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

Hi all,

27th and 28th look free for me. Any suggestions of a suitable meeting place?

I'm afraid that I'm not much of a chess player, so to relax I code and bake bread (not at the same time).

Cheers,

Dr T

I would like to attend or get one going in the US. I am in the Denver area. have mastered Mql5, some Mql4 and was looking for examples on jforex indicators or experts which i have a few but could use more/

Since we have an almost production ready MQL5 advisor which is doing well, but we can't trade here in the US, I would like to port it to Java.

If anyone knows of more samples for Jforex, please let me know I'm always looking for more.

Hi Dr T,

No further comments on a Meetup (in London at least) thus far. Looks like I'll only be "in town" for the Wednesday night, staying somewhere in and around "The City". Can you recommend a suitable hostelry in that vicinity? Preferably one that serves decent food, as well as decent beer!

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Mac,

Sorry for the delayed reply but I've been absent for a while, coding some FIX. C# rather than Java in this instance.

I take it that you've seen Ray's Java clone? AlgoTrader? The Dukascopy strategy contest forum?

I'm from Devon rather than Denver I'm afraid, so any meetups between us will have to be virtual. For the foreseeable future at least.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Dr. T,

I'm now back in the Wilds of the West Country after my recent trip up to "The City". It was great to meet up with you and Dr. J at our "Pie and a pint of Pride" evening, and thanks for taking so much time out of your busy schedule to attend our little get together. We'll have to try and repeat the process again in the not too distant future, but this time without the 4AM start next day on your part!

How did things go "oop North"?

Cheers!

Jim

Hi Jim,

I hope that you enjoyed your conference. It was great to meet up with you and Dr J... and many thanks for the pie and pint! I'm sorry that I had to rush off, I left much later than was sensible... but I managed to get 3 hours sleep before starting again at 4! Anyway, it was a successful trip up north, so all in all a good week!

Let's do it again some time.

Cheers,

Dr T