Regular visitors will have noticed ever increasing amounts of spam on the Trading Gurus Community Forum. On November 24th 2012 we implemented some changes:

1. New users will be moderated 2. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to view attachments or download code. 3. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to create a new thread

As an additional countermeasure we anticipate introducing a modest paywall in the near future.

If this is your first visit here our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing users may wish to contribute their ideas to this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence

Here we can discuss general stuff that doesn't fit in anywhere else.

Note first of all that the Stanford University artificial intelligence class is not designed to be in any way specific to automated trading, although we can certainly discuss such applications here!

Secondly, Stanford say in their AI FAQ that:

For many topics writing algorithms will be helpful and is recommended to help complete the assignments, however your code itself is not evaluated so you may use any language you are comfortable with. If you are interested in programming but don't already know a language we recommend Python.
    Because of my interest in AlgoTrader I shall be experimenting with Java. However, if you prefer to work in a language other than Python or Java then post a note to that effect on this thread and if there's enough demand I'll open up additional threads as well.

Here are a few additional resources for the Stanford AI class:

Reddit study group - aiclass
    Google groups - Stanford AI Class
    LinkedIn - AI_Class
    Quora - Stanford AI Class
    Twitter - @aiclass
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

I am signed up for this program. I am not a programmer and I am not sure what I can get from it. I studded mats and physics, but it was a long time ago. However I am very interested in science, quantum physics and I am a big fan of a intelligent SF literature. As predicted a long time by lots of SF authors the AI creatures will take our civilisation over, one day, later or sooner!
    If you keep your mind humble, pride will vanish like morning mist - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

Hi Mintaka,

I'm also signed up for the Stanford AI class, and I'm a fan of "intelligent SF" too. However I'm an even bigger fan of "trading for a living"! Do you think you might give "programming in Python" a go, or will you just stick with trying to get to grips with the maths?

N.B. The course starts today, so I guess we should stop chatting on here and get stuck into lesson 1:

Cheers,

Jim

P.S. It looks like the "enroll" page for the Machine Learning class is still working at the moment. For me at least, that's even more interesting than AI.
    P.P.S. I just signed up for the Stanford database class OK, just in case anyone here fancies doing that one also.

I am not sure I have time for learning programming in Python. I am more interesting in painting than programming :-))
    If you keep your mind humble, pride will vanish like morning mist - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

Just starting to do my homework. By unit 1.4 he is talking about the applications of Artificial Intelligence. As you know and everyone who is interesting/ involved in trading the AI alias Robot has been successfully use in trading. The Trading Agents supposed to make lots of money by taking most intelligence decisions at the crucial point in time and space. It made some money for me too :-))

Hi Mintaka,

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    Just starting to do my homework. By unit 1.4 he is talking about the applications of Artificial Intelligence. As you know and everyone who is interesting/ involved in trading the AI alias Robot has been successfully use in trading.
    I am following in your illustrious footsteps! Next up after trading agents in finance is robots. For some reason I don't think they are talking about MetaTrader EAs

The Trading Agents supposed to make lots of money by taking most intelligence decisions at the crucial point in time and space. It made some money for me too :-))
    For more on trading agents in finance on this very forum, including a highly entertaining video that covers a whole lot more than just "intelligent" agents, you may wish to take a look at:

Agent Based Modelling

Cheers,

Jim

Yes, fascinating video and amazing stuff. Dave Cliff is an brilliant guy.

Hi folks,
    I am interested to Artificial Intelligence built on Strategy Trader.
    I'd like find people with good skill to post open code on this forum and on forum of FXCM where the engeneer and coder of FXCM group could help us.
    http://forexforums.dailyfx.com/free-...tml#post937215

Strategy Trader and C# resources:

The Trading Gurus on getting started with C# and

Strategy Trader examples at autoforexer.com and

FXCM Strategy Trader Coding FAQ

Hi Bomber,

(That's a wild guess! What do you prefer to be called?)

Quote Originally Posted by bomberone1 View Post
    I am interested to Artificial Intelligence built on Strategy Trader.
    If a couple more people show an interest in C# I'll open up a fresh thread specially for Strategy Trader (and C# would include Ninja Trader also I guess)

It's a bit early to be sure what might come out of the Stanford AI class. However if you follow the link in post #6 to Dave Cliff's ZIP trading agents, you'll find a large chunk of C source code. That might be a useful place to get started?

I've taken the liberty of tidying up your links a bit. I hope that's OK with you. Please let me know if not.

Cheers,

Jim

It's all fine.
    If you have time, could you try to translate the code in easylanguage to do test on Multicharts or Tradestation?
    My best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast