Regular visitors will have noticed ever increasing amounts of spam on the Trading Gurus Community Forum. On November 24th 2012 we implemented some changes:

1. New users will be moderated 2. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to view attachments or download code. 3. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to create a new thread

As an additional countermeasure we anticipate introducing a modest paywall in the near future.

If this is your first visit here our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing users may wish to contribute their ideas to this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FXCM Strategy Trader Random Entry Systems

Hi Gilbert,

Quote Originally Posted by g_r1212 View Post
    How I can set up a dual one minute bar chart, showing the ask price at the top, and the bid price at the bottom in Strategy Trader.
    Here's how. First of all start up Strategy Trader and open a 1 minute chart. I used Cable for this example, and at this stage the chart will display the bid only. Right click on the chart and select "Insert Symbol":

CableInsertSymbol.jpg

Add another copy of GBP/USD. Then after a bit of resizing you'll end up with a double chart, with both top and bottom showing the bid price:

CableDoubleBid.jpg

Right click on the chart and select "Format Symbol". Change the top sub-chart to display the ask price, and make sure both sub-charts go back at least 300 bars:

CableFormatSymbol.jpg

Next left click on the little arrow next to the red "Auto" button in the top left of the chart and select "Strategy Properties". On the "Auto Trading" tab make sure "Order Replacement" is turned off:

CableStrategyAuto.jpg

and on the "Backtesting" tab turn on "Extended" mode. Depending on the strategy you're testing you may at some point want to turn on the "Bar Magnifier" as well, for more accurate backtest results:

CableStrategyBacktest.jpg

That's it in a nutshell. Easy enough when you know how?

Cheers,

Jim
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

ok I have got the chart

ok I have got the chart.

Thanks

Thanks Jim, your explanation really helped me.

I have another question, With Which pair I can use Guru Expert Advisor, I commonly use EUR/USD AND GBP/USD

thanks a lot ,

Gill
    Last edited by g_r1212; 03-28-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Hi Gilbert,

You can try it with any pair you like. EU and GU are as good as any.

Please remember that we make it available complete with source code, but without warranties of any kind, for the benefit of people learning to design and program their own trading systems. It is not designed to be used on a live account.

Cheers,

Jim
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12