Regular visitors will have noticed ever increasing amounts of spam on the Trading Gurus Community Forum. On November 24th 2012 we implemented some changes:

1. New users will be moderated 2. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to view attachments or download code. 3. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to create a new thread

As an additional countermeasure we anticipate introducing a modest paywall in the near future.

If this is your first visit here our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing users may wish to contribute their ideas to this thread.

Thread: Strategy Trader Enters Public Beta Testing

Strategy Trader Enters Public Beta Testing

Strategy Trader entered public beta testing last week, accompanied by great fanfare on the FXCM website.

As you will gather from that blog post, I personally think it's quite a long way from prime time at the moment, yet if you're brave enough you can already use it on a live account. Is it really a good idea on FXCM's part to permit their paying customers to gamble with real money on a platform that's still being tested?

As you might well have come to expect from FXCM, the marketing is a bit economical with the truth too. Will that nonetheless help FXCM convert hordes of their customers from their tried and tested MetaTrader 4 or TS II platforms to Strategy Trader? Will new customers come flocking to FXCM from other brokers, attracted by the wonders of the new platform?
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

Hi Jim,
    in my opinion the answer to your both questions is: no!
    It seems that FXCM "cultivates" marketing and/or advertisement in a bad taste.
    The statement that "the FXCM marketing is a bit economical with the truth" is too gently for me.
    I suspect, that FXCM hired a marketing/web page editing company, that does not have a foggiest idea what they are talking about,
    and made the promotional theatre that we can watch now.
    I am curious, if there will be any response from Metaquotes company to the pseudo-advertisement made by FXCM.
    Did anyone else notice the problem on the Forex Forums?
    Last edited by Stan; 08-01-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Good morning Stan,

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Hi Jim,
    in my opinion the answer to your both questions is: no!
    It seems that FXCM "cultivates" marketing and/or advertisement in a bad taste.
    The statement that "the FXCM marketing is a bit economical with the truth" is too gently for me.
    I suspect, that FXCM hired a marketing/web page editing company, that does not have a foggiest idea what they are talking about,
    and made the promotional theatre that we can watch now.
    What might be a strong enough statement for you Stan?

"Whoever is doing FXCM's marketing, they are inaccurate, incompetent or both"

Would that be more to your liking?

I am curious, if there will be any response from Metaquotes company to the pseudo-advertisement made by FXCM.
    Did anyone else notice the problem on the Forex Forums?
    Not that I've come across so far, but I can't claim to have done a comprehensive trawl of Google. I took it upon myself to bring a few other forumgoers the exciting news:

http://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-...tml#post358970
    http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ml#post1202608
    http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...17#post3914117

No response yet though

Jason Rogers of FXCM has now posted their response on all three of those threads. Here's another more recent one too:

http://forexmagnates.com/fxcm-launches-fxcm-labs/

FXCM have now made some improvements to their comparison table between Strategy Trader and MetaTrader 4, but some of the MT4 information presented is still more than a little misleading.

For example, why not try firing up your MetaTrader 4 History Center and downloading one minute bars for your favourite currency pair. How many bars does MT4 say you have available for backtesting purposes? Is it by any chance more than the 15,500 that FXCM currently claim?