Regular visitors will have noticed ever increasing amounts of spam on the Trading Gurus Community Forum. On November 24th 2012 we implemented some changes:

1. New users will be moderated 2. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to view attachments or download code. 3. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to create a new thread

As an additional countermeasure we anticipate introducing a modest paywall in the near future.

If this is your first visit here our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing users may wish to contribute their ideas to this thread.

Thread: Linking MyFXBook with Alpari UK and SmartLive markets?

Linking MyFXBook with Alpari UK and SmartLive markets?

Hi, I wasn't sure where best to ask this question, hence the new thread here!

Anyway, I've got demo accounts with Alpari UK and GKFX (formerly SmartLiveMarkets). I have the myfxbook MT4 EA installed to keep track of how my custom EAs perform. However, the myfxbook sign-up page seems to imply that it can connect directly to the broker and pull information directly from there, rather than relying on a machine running their EA. Is this correct? If so, can somebody post some idiot proof instructions on how to set this up... I've had no luck thus far.

I wonder if this is how Ray keeps us all updated with his activities, or does he run alongside the myfxbook EA?

Many thanks for your help,

Dr T

Hi Dr T,

Ray uses the myfxbook EA on a chart of a different pair from the one he himself is trading.

One alternative is to use the MetaTrader 4 publisher to FTP information to myfxbook (or indeed anywhere else you might fancy).

The method I suspect you are referring to is to let myfxbook know your server and investor password in the "verification" section of the account setup. Once your account has been successfully verified you can then click the link highlighted in yellow to enable the (still beta!) "new publishing method". In view of the "beta" label I've never tried it before, but since you asked the question I've just enabled it on one of Ray's accounts. I'll let you know what happens when the markets reopen and Ray starts randomly trading again!

Cheers,

Jim
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

Hi Jim,

Did you get this working? I tried setting it up with my Alpari UK Demo account and it still tells me that it is trying to connect... has been trying since before Christmas!

Cheers,

Dr T

Hi Dr. T,

Yes, it's working fine for Ray. His long term test, still proudly displayed in the sidebar on the TG blog, now comes to you without the aid of the myfxbook EA! That's running on an Alpari UK demo account also.

Cheers,

Jim
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein