Regular visitors will have noticed ever increasing amounts of spam on the Trading Gurus Community Forum. On November 24th 2012 we implemented some changes:

1. New users will be moderated 2. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to view attachments or download code. 3. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to create a new thread

As an additional countermeasure we anticipate introducing a modest paywall in the near future.

If this is your first visit here our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing users may wish to contribute their ideas to this thread.

Thread: Hello all.

Hello all.

I just joined the group. I have been trading currencies for a while. I have not have time to actively trade properly for sometime as I have gone back to full time employment. I will like to learn about programming EA.

I love walking, swimming and playing the piano.

Hi grandguru,

Welcome! The administrator for this site, Jim, has posted a number of example EAs in various programming languages. These should be helpful for getting started.

Hopefully you'll find some time to code and contribute to this forum.

All the best,

Dr T

Thanks. I have looked at one of the EA ExportBars, I have installed it as the document says. But I get an error message saying it is too old to recompile. I have loaded it to MT 5.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi GrandGuru,

Welcome to the Trading Gurus community, and thanks for the heads up. Looks like the .MQ5 file didn't make it into the .ZIP archive for some reason, only the .EX5.

That "feature" is fixed now, and a new version is available for download from the MQL5 BarExporter thread.

Cheers,

Jim
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein