Regular visitors will have noticed ever increasing amounts of spam on the Trading Gurus Community Forum. On November 24th 2012 we implemented some changes:

1. New users will be moderated 2. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to view attachments or download code. 3. Registered users who have a post count of zero will not be able to create a new thread

As an additional countermeasure we anticipate introducing a modest paywall in the near future.

If this is your first visit here our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing users may wish to contribute their ideas to this thread.

Thread: Ray the Random Robot Auditions as a Currensee Trade Leader

Ray the Random Robot Auditions as a Currensee Trade Leader

I recently got into a bit of a debate with Asaf Yigal, one of the co-founders of Currensee, about such esoteric matters as the definition of the word "transparency" and its pros and cons in mirror trading.

The upshot was that Asaf suggested that Ray the Random Robot should sign up to the Currensee forex social network and endeavour to prove that he is worthy of the title "Trade Leader".

I asked Ray what he thought of Asaf's suggestion, and he assured me that he enjoyed a challenge so he would give it a go, and try his very best. Unfortunately Ray has no arms, and consequently his typing leaves a little to be desired. I agreed to help him fill in all the online forms and get registered at Currensee. Here's where we're up to so far.

It seems that Currensee won't let you register on their social network unless you can prove to them that you have a real live trading account. Here is Currensee's list of acceptable brokers for that live account:

BrokerList.png

The first thing I noticed is that the majority of my own live automated trading accounts, such as Interactive Brokers and Dukascopy, are currently conspicuous only by their absence. Despite that Ray does in fact have a live account of his very own at a MetaTrader broker. Thankfully MT4 is on Currensee's supported list, so we selected "MetaTrader 4 Platform" and I clicked the "Next" button.

Next we were informed that we needed to download Currensee's MT4 Bridge expert advisor:

2011-01-15_1344_MT4_Bridge.png

We did that, and then followed the instructions about allowing the bridge EA to use DLL calls, and turning off manual confirmation of such calls:

2011-01-15_1359_DLLs.jpg

We then attached the EA to a chart of GBP/USD and also enabled live trading, although I don't think that step is strictly necessary. Next I clicked the "Next" button. I did it several times. Ray was extremely disappointed to discover that all the Currensee website had to say was "Before continuing, you must install and configure the Currensee MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisor":

2011-01-15_1346_No_Next.png

After all we'd only just done that!

Ray suggested clicking on the link that said "Why do I need to install the MT4 Bridge?" to see if that helped at all. It didn't:

2011-01-15_1347_Oops.png

As a last resort I tried emailing Currensee support to see if they could suggest a way out of our dilemma. I'll let you know what they say when they get around to replying.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

It seems as though it's impossible to successfully register with Currensee over the weekend.

Once the markets opened on Sunday evening (UK time), the Currensee bridge EA started receiving ticks and burst into life. Initally it complained that:

CurrenseeEA GBPUSDSB,M5: Login: Demo Accounts Not Supported
    but once I'd logged into Ray's live account I managed to click that "Next" button one last time in order to reach the final hurdle - Clicking the link in Currensee's confirmation email. At long last I can login and see a Currensee dashboard, but as yet Currensee don't appear to have discovered the sad history of Ray's live account. Instead all that is currently visible is the equally sad performance of the S&P 500 index over the past three or four years:

2011-01-16_2351_Account.jpg
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein